Wednesday, December 10, 2008

DESIRE

As I look back on my life, one of the most constant and powerful things I have experienced within myself is the desire to be more than I am at the moment, an unwillingness to let myself remain where I am. A desire to increase the boundaries of myself, a desire to do more, learn more, express more, a desire to grow, improve, accomplish and expand.

I used to interpret this inner push as meaning that there was some one thing out there that I wanted to do or be or have. And I spent too much of my life trying to find it. But now I know that this energy within me is seeking more the mate or the profession or the religion, more even than pleasure of power or meaning. It is seeking out more of me; or better - for me to be a better person each day.

2 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Well said. It is our earthly "desires" that either drives us to bliss or more suffering.

But I'm sure you are on the correct path! ^_^

+Ant+

yamuna, yogini said...

Thks but as human, sometimes we tend to 'stray' away...