Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Learning And Practicing

I have been bombarding with questions of why I did not attend any workshops or seminars. How are you going to improve yourself? Go and try new things, different things to get new ideas or be inspired, at least! Day in day out, teaching the same things, don’t you ever get bored?

My guru-ji always said ‘an ounce of practice worth a ton of theory’. A goal is implied but the need seems to be for direction – to feel in the process of becoming.
That's what I am trying to practice.

3 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

So precisely true! :)Do take care

Anonymous said...

Hi jennifer,
Just out of curiosity, who is ur guru-ji?Were u trained under patabhi jois?Im just asking coz u r a truly great teacher :)I learnt a lot from u while in YZ.

yamuna, yogini said...

Thanks. Guru-ji Patabhi Jois is father of Ashtanga Yoga, whereas I am trained under Hatha and Iyengar Yoga. All of them are my 'guru-ji' but I owe alot to Swami Mahadevananda and Swami Sivaswaroopananda of Sivananda Dhanwantari Ashram, Kerala, India. Continue practising yoga and take care.