Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I don't want to be Perfect and I am NOT.

Perfectionism is a slow death. If everything were to turn out like I would want it to, just like I would it to, then I would never experience anything new, my life would be an endless repetition of stale successes. When I make a mistake I experience something unexpected.

I sometimes react to making a mistake as it I have betrayed myself. My fear of making a mistake seems to be based on the hidden assumption that I am potentially perfect and that if I can just be very careful I will not fall from heaven. But a ‘mistake’ is a declaration of the way I am, a jolt to the way I intend, a reminder I am not dealing with the facts. When I have listened to my mistakes I have grown.

So, don’t try to be a perfectionist. Just be human, we all are.

2 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

That is why the Dharma has stated that this human birth is the most precious, far better than being in the deva and brahma realms ..... coz we cld train the mind and ultimately have the chance to get out from the samsaric cycle of life ~ the life of suffering.

I agree with you that awareness of our mistakes and it rectification is a powerful process of grwoing and living life the correct way. ^_^

+Ant+

yamuna, yogini said...

I've so much to learn from you. Thank you for sharing.