Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Are you HAPPY? Am i HAPPY?

The number of things just outside the perimeter of my financial reach remains constant no matter how much my financial improves. With each increase in my income, a new perimeter forms and I experience same relative sense of lack. I believe that I would be happy if only my earnings were increased so much and I could then have or do few things I cant quite afford, but when my income does increase I find I am still unhappy because from my new financial position I can now see a whole new set of things that I don’t have.

The problem will be solved when I realize that happiness is a present attitude and not a future condition. I don’t need a reason to be happy. I don’t have to consult the future to know how happy I feel now.

3 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

So true that we humans are never satisfied due to our escalating wants and desires. When is it gonna ever be enough. It is only when we realize that we've gone overboard and hit by circumstances that leaves us crashing down; that we would start to appreciate life itself. Its the hard hitting that invokes the very essence of our being.

Another simple but thought provoking post. Thanks you very much! ^_^

.:: Ant ::. said...

I wish you peace!

+Ant+

Lyi C. said...

I am happy because I choose to.It's going to take forever, maybe never, if I got to be depending on that 'if only' something/someone/somewhere comes into our lives , only will I be happy.