Sunday, May 17, 2009

What do I want?

Most decisions, possibly all, have already been made on some deeper level and my going through a reasoning process to arrive at them seems at least redundant. The question, ‘What do I want to do?’ may often be a fearful reaction to the subconscious decision I have already made. It seems to be quite a different form : “What do I really want to do” to “What am I really feeling?”. These questions acknowledge that at any given moment I am experiencing a variety of feelings and that what I want to do is get at the one feeling which is most central to me. If I can get in touch with that then what to do will be obvious and will probably follow naturally. On the simplest level, if I feel ‘I am thirsty’ I don’t have to ask ‘What do I want’ but I may contemplate ‘Water, fruit juice or hot nescafe’. Does it make sense to you?

Sometimes the only way for me to find out what it is I want to do is to go ahead and do something. Then the moment I start to act, my feelings become clear.

2 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Yup, most times, it is better to be ready at the start-line than to wait and contemplate by the sidelines ...... and miss out!
Go with the flow applies well. ^_^

+Ant+

Unknown said...

hello! Sorry for using this post as a means to get in touch with you. I am living in KL and am looking for a yoga class near to my home and work. I am not having luck so far... We are two with a possible third person that would be interested in private classes. Are you able to help us in anyway? I appreciate your help! Thanks...

Dennis