Friday, October 3, 2008

Sensible is Best

It’s this time of the year again, holiday and makan time! And most of the practitioners will be complaining of too much food and too little yoga……..

I consider my body my most valuable possession – a machine, if you will and thus the food I put into it has to be the best of all possible fuels and nutrients. I choose to give my body nourishing food (of course with only an occasional sinful dish) rather than pollute it with what I consider to be ‘poisons’. After all, what’s the point of practicing yoga daily, making it look and feel the best it can, if I then ruin it with unhealthy food?

The food I digest affects my health, my energy, my temperament, my outlook on life. It also affects my body – how it looks, how it works, how it feels and how long it is going to be around.

We really are what we eat, in more ways than one. The choice, after all, is ours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

moderation is definitely the key and balancing it out with taking time to do sports and/or yoga! However, it remains difficult, as in Asia there is a lot of 'social eating' and for 'Westeners' it is usually 'social drinking'!
The key to not drowning in social drinking is having a glass of water regulary in stead of another beer or wine. Have not found the key to reduding social eating yet!? Food in KL is too good!!!!
cheers
Pamela

yamuna, yogini said...

Its quality vs quantity.