Friday, September 26, 2008

What is Yoga

What is yoga?

Some says "Yoga is an over 5,000 years old practice of cleansing the body, quieting the mind and uplifting the spirit through asana (pose) and pranayama (breathing), relaxation, meditation and any other techniques."

And others say "The term yoga is usually described as 'yoke' or union referring to the connection between body, mind and spirit that can occur with right practice."

Yoga has come to mean many things over 3 millenia but what clear is, yoga is not a simple physical practice alone.

What yoga to me? "A path to find myself, my true self, by looking deep inside for answers not outside, embracing those hurting me, forgiving and letting go. Learning without boundaries."
So simple? Trust me, no. What is yoga to you?

No comments: