Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why ME?

Most conversations seem to be carried out on two levels, the verbal and the emotional level. The verbal level contains those things which are socially acceptable to say but it is used as a means of satisfying emotional needs. Last week a friend related something that someone had done to her. I told her why I thought the person has acted the way he had and she became very upset and started arguing with me.

Now, the reason is clear. I had been listening to her words and had paid no attention to her feelings. Her words had described how terribly this other person had treated her but her emotions had been saying, ‘Please understand how I felt. Why me?’

Yes, why me? Each time whenever tragedy strikes or something bad happens, the question will always be ‘why me?.’ I learn not to ask the question anymore in fact I embrace everything let it be good and bad. How? My girl friend told me this - Just imagine this, one day you strike RM5 million lottery. Wow, great! At this very moment, are you going to ask ‘Why me?’ In most cases, you won’t as you are too consume with joy and thinking on how to spend or what to do with the money. So do not ask ‘why me?’ in dire straits if you are not able to ask the same question in the opposite situation.

Just be grateful for every small thing in life.

7 comments:

Gratitude said...

Thanks daer, another thought provoking writeup.

Yup, I've alwiz thought that and blamed the latest modes of communication, whilst bringing faraway peeps closer to us; also had the adverse effect of limiting communication to only the hearing senses, neglecting the other sensory levels which are so important to get the total message across. Hence, we hv become less experienced , less sensitive to receiving the emotional signals that are transmitted to us.

Awareness of this phenomena helps to lessen our insensitivity, i hope. ^^
+Ant+

yamuna, yogini said...

Anton, we all are human after all. But I personally think you are above the rest.

Gratitude said...

Wait till you know the "real" me. You'll definitely retract your compliment before fainting in disgust! lolz

Thanks for the compliment neways, very sweet of you! ^_^
+Ant+

KY said...

Well said. This is so true about human nature.
And FYI, Anton is quite a funny person in real. :)

yamuna, yogini said...

KY, I think that so from reading his blog and he can be very serious as well.

alreadyout said...

Hi Yamuna,

Do you still teach at hartamas?

If you do, I would appreciate some information on the classes offered and schedule.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

知己网 , 视讯一对一聊天室 , 寻爱网 , qq朋友网 , 邂逅网 , 速配网 , 婚恋网 , 寻欢网 , 夜生活网 , 同城异己约炮邂逅网