Thursday, February 5, 2009

The 'Needs' and 'Wants'

What I want? What I need? Do I want what I need? Do I need what I want?

I want to be healthy.
I need to watch what I eat plus daily yoga dosage.

I want to be happy.
I need to discover who I am.

I want best friends.
I need to be with good company.

I want to love and to be loved.
I need an open heart.

I want to relax.
I need to meditate.

I want a holiday.
I need to slow down.

I want to be beautiful.
I need self confidence.

I want more money.
I need to be more prudent with my money.

I want to be free.
I need to learn how to forgive.

I want a house at Janda Baik, big compound with 1 dozen of dogs and cats.
I need a sanctuary, a home, with Beanie and Missy.

I want a silver SLK.
What I need is a kind of transportation, Kelisa will do.

2 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Very well put! :) you put materialistic peeps like me to shame. Often, I just "want" even if I dun "need". another good lesson for me to ponder on tonite ^_^ Thanks
+Ant+

Anonymous said...

Hmmn...yes, there was a time when my "wants" = "needs". Now older (n hopefully wiser), you learn to differentiate "wants" n "needs". Being involved with underpriviledged children and with Liza & her girls, you learn what real "needs" are. Puts me to shame too. JK